Monday, January 25, 2010

Singing in the Rain - NOT

Fuck, the sun is out. I woke up this morning and it wasn’t raining. Now that should be a good thing, to have a little break before the next storm rolls in. I’m just upset cuz it means I have to walk my kids to school. Part of the charm of our neighborhood, is that we live 4 blocks from school and get to walk. We take the dogs; my friend ChihuahuaMom and her dog come along too. It is a ritual, a routine. It keeps my kids active (now that they have cut PE to one hour a week in our district), and it keeps me moving, which is good. I hate to move. Moving hurts. But I am a Big Mama, so moving is "beneficial". But this morning I am so tired, so fucking tired. My day ahead is a long one of work and doctors appointments. So the thought of “suiting up” in walking clothes and shoes, getting leashes, sunscreen (after all, it is Palm Springs), hat, sunglasses, do you have your lunch? Do you have your backpack? Do you have your book? Don’t forget your goddamn homework. Oh Honey, you're right - I meant gosh darn. No, you’re right. I’m sorry. Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go. Yeah, I wish it was still raining this morning. That means their dad would drive them to school. Would it be too much to ask all of you to do a rain dance for me? Seriously, I just need a sprinkle.

1 comment:

  1. Haha I enjoyed reading this. Well, at least you did not have to "suit up" in snowsuits, boots, hats and gloves. lol (I live on Florida, so we don't have to either). I hope your day goes well for you.

    Lori AKA Treehugster

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what ya think, babe!