Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Any Excuse

I can turn a conversation about GROUT into an excuse why I must have a delicious sweet treat, NOW.

And to have something real actually happen in my life? I’m going to put on some weight.

Right? I mean, something good happens – I put on a little weight. You know, like it is Tuesday and the neighbors invite us for cocktails?

Come on, I’m out having a celebration. I am entitled to enjoy myself every now and again. I may put on a pound or two, but it was for a good cause.

Of course the only problem is we get social invitations 2 to 3 times per week, putting me on a 2.5 per week weight gain program.

But wait.

What about when something bad happens?

Well I must nourish my soul with something yummy – perhaps a trip out to dinner?

I’ll just have appetizers and a drink – you know, something dietetic like chicken wings with ranch dip, the fresh baked cookies and a hummus sampler.

And one drink makes drink number two seem like such a great idea. After all, I am upset about something.

I am entitled to comfort myself every now and again. Make that 3.0 times per week.

As a matter of fact writing this blog has been a bit draining…

I think I’ll go see what’s in the pantry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what ya think, babe!